ACHM are recruiting Senior Heritage Advisor(s) / Heritage Advisor(s) - multiple permanent or casual positions are available at various levels.
Locations Flexible (i.e. Victoria, SA or WA).
With an on-going pipeline of major projects throughout Australia, ACHM are looking for some exceptional people to join our growing team.
ACHM is an ISO 9001, ISO14001 and ISO 45001 certified cultural heritage management consultancy.
We are a multi-disciplinary team of consultants who manage the heritage requirements of major industrial developments, civil works, urban, mining and resources developments for a wide variety of corporate, government and Aboriginal clients while balancing the requirements of statutory authorities and stakeholder groups alike. Our results driven firm provides our full range of professional services to clients throughout Australia.
If you want to be part of a well-established professional services firm with a highly experienced and well-regarded senior management team, then this may be the opportunity for you.
The position(s) carry both technical and project management responsibilities within ACHM for allocated projects and/or project components. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the key role objectives are:
• Providing high level technical (archaeological) advice and heritage management solutions to clients, stakeholders and/or government.
• Planning, scheduling, resourcing and executing consulting projects (including where required directly managing consulting projects);
• Management of project budgets and resourcing from inception to completion (with the assistance of administrative support staff),
• Assisting with the preparation of ACHM tenders for projects, tender panels and service contracts;
• Ensuring sound project planning and timely delivery of all ACHM cultural heritage projects;
• Ensuring high quality and comprehensive services to customers and stakeholders at all times;
• Liaison with government departments, stakeholders, organizations and industry in order to ensure optimum cultural heritage outcomes for all ACHM projects; and
• Maintaining excellent relationships with clients, colleagues and stakeholders.
We are looking for highly motivated and skilled team players to join our high performing firm. Ideally, you will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in heritage management consulting, will have post-graduate archaeological qualifications (or commensurate) and will have specialisation(s) in one or more key practice areas.
Common key skills and experience for these positions are:
• Minimum of Honours Degree in Archaeology or cognate discipline, preferably from an Australian university;
• Full membership (or ability to obtain full membership) of the Australian Association of Consulting Archaeologists Inc (ACCAI) (or commensurate);
• Experience in Indigenous or historic archaeology;
• Demonstrated archaeological survey and excavation skills;
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to positively influence decision makers and stakeholders;
• Strong leadership skills and the ability to develop and maintain key internal and external relationships;
• Ability to work as part of a team both in the field and the office;
• Flexibility to undertake fieldwork as required;
• Knowledge and experience with various GPS platforms and GIS systems (ArcGIS) highly regarded;
• 4x4 qualifications and senior first aid qualifications highly regarded; and
• Applicants MUST have Australian citizenship or permanent residency with the right to work.
• Competitive salary.
• Flexible office / WFH locations
• Mobile phone and laptop supplied; and
• Flexible working hours and conditions.
• Relocation assistance.
Written applications addressing the selection criteria should be submitted with a detailed CV to email@example.com as soon as possible.