ACHM are recruiting Senior Heritage Advisor(s) / Heritage Advisor(s) - multiple positions are available at various levels.
With an on-going pipeline of major projects throughout Australia, ACHM are looking for some exceptional people to join our growing team.
ACHM is an ISO 9001, ISO14001 and AS/NZS 4801 certified consultancy with major clients throughout Australia.
We are a multi-disciplinary team of consultants who manage the cultural heritage requirements for a wide variety of corporate, government and Aboriginal clients while balancing the needs of statutory authorities and stakeholder groups alike. Our results driven firm provides our full range of professional services to clients throughout Australia.
If you want to be part of a well-established professional services firm with a highly experienced and well-regarded senior management team, then this may be the opportunity for you.
The position(s) carry both technical and project management responsibilities within ACHM for allocated projects and/or project components.
The key role objectives are:
- Providing high level technical (archaeological) advice and heritage management solutions to clients, stakeholders and/or government;
- Planning, scheduling, resourcing and executing consulting projects (including where required directly managing consulting projects);
- Management of project budgets and resourcing from inception to completion (with the assistance of administrative support staff),
- Assisting with the preparation of tenders for projects, tender panels and service contracts;
- Ensuring sound project planning and timely delivery of all cultural heritage projects;
- Ensuring high quality and comprehensive services to customers and stakeholders at all times;
- Liaison with government departments, stakeholders, organizations and industry in order to ensure optimum cultural heritage outcomes for all projects; and
- Maintaining excellent relationships with clients, colleagues and stakeholder groups.
We are looking for highly motivated and skilled team players to join our high performing firm. Ideally, you will have a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in heritage management in a commercial environment. Post-graduate archaeological qualifications (or commensurate) will be highly regarded and you will have specialisation(s) in one or more key archaeological or heritage management practice areas.
Common key skills and experience required for this position are:
- Honours Degree (or equivalent) in archaeology, heritage management or cognate discipline;
- Full membership (or qualifications for full membership) of the Australian Association of Consulting Archaeologists Inc (ACCAI) (or commensurate);
- Experience in Indigenous or historic archaeology (ideally with a strong knowledge of the archaeology of Southeastern Australia);
- Demonstrated archaeological survey and excavation skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to positively influence decision makers and stakeholders;
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to develop and maintain key internal and external relationships;
- Ability to work safely as part of a team both in the field and the office;
- Flexibility to undertake fieldwork as required;
- Knowledge and experience with various GPS platforms and GIS systems (ArcGIS) highly regarded;
- Minimum of 3-5 years working in the heritage consulting industry;
- 4x4 qualifications and senior first aid qualifications highly regarded; and
- Applicants MUST have Australian citizenship or the appropriate rights to work.
- Competitive salary.
- Family friendly working hours and conditions (part-time / job-share also considered).
- Flexible office / work from home options.
- Mobile phone and laptop supplied.
- Relocation assistance available
Written applications addressing the selection criteria should be submitted with a detailed CV to [email protected]m.com.au as soon as possible.